Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

To Resurrect & Avenge Book Trailer and Inspirational Concept


When the past of a Louisiana plantation and the present collides a vengeful spirit defies the laws of nature.  Havoc erupts as he seeks retribution using a recently murdered victim’s body to manipulate the living and using criminals as a means to an end.
Recently re-instated homicide detective Sam Richards is thrown into a precarious situation by a department steeped in corruption looking for a scapegoat.  Plausible denial envelopes as Richards pursues dead end leads as  his only hope is an elusive mysterious Creole woman who must show him the ugly and unbelievable truth about the victims of one of the South’s most brutal slave revolts. Having found themselves re-incarnated 400 years into the present both oppressor and oppressed find themselves in a modern day Louisiana police department steeped in corruption, racism, bizarre murders, and unexplained disappearances.  With this knowledge Richards realizes that there is a very thin line between fact and the unimaginable. Without appearing to look insane he must find his way through a maze of horrific events and seek alliances he never thought possible; evade his department’s saboteurs, and last but least stay out of the path of a vengeful spirit hell bent on revenge.


We all think and wonder about reincarnation at one time or another and its not to say we have over active imaginations...well some sci -fi writers have to have that .  The thought crossed my mind during my 25 years of law enforcement; retired now I can pretty much speak openly about what Iv'e observed experienced and was subject to as a African descended woman in this sea of blue. One thing  I'm truly grateful for were the ancestors' guidance and protection while on the streets by myself most of the time in those later years. However most my drama didn't come from the streets it was internal. Which lead me to the mind set that was needed in writing this 5 book series.  It was a way to alleviate stress, tension, aggravation and stupidity from not only individuals I worked with but those who later came with their own agenda waging war by over policing a community of color. Of course passive resistance kinda flowed through my spirit because at the end of the day I would still be a black woman when the blue came off.
 My inner eyes began to open with a spirit vision especially after completing an ancient ancestral Rites of Passage...not to mention bouncing back and forth between here and West Africa; in and out of the Slave dungeons performing libations. I began to write from my 3rd eye especially while I was in a place that over flowed with contempt and malice..my work place of course.  I was there physically, that's all my spirit left as soon as my feet touched back on American soil after experiencing another Rites of Passage in Togo West Africa with the Fon people of the Vodun. Even at work my mind would write while I was there in the physical, and it even edited the work .  The mind is a very powerful tool when its not ruled by fear, and that was the one thing I would not succumb to. Anger was more useful than fear. 
I was referred to as a passive aggressive... a cop with Tribal scars across my face and Dread Locks... totally not the norm; how you gonna control my spirit. I naturally went against the grain of contempt and hatred because there was "no protect and serve" honor or integrity...only war against a community and any officer who did not oppress and subjugate.  I always asked what was the use in putting my foot on someone's neck who was already oppressed repressed and depressed...so against the grain we went...lol. But I did see a fair amount of fear and intimidation take its toll among co-workers as micro managing became the norm as those in positions of rank submitted to immoral, unprincipled, unscrupulous, and unconscionable orders from tyrannical cowards hiding behind position of authority. That's when things really hit home making it feel as though I were sent back in time but looking at everything in the present tense, and that's how I was inspired to write and publish "To Resurrect and Avenge" a five book series that took me nearly 4 years to complete, and publish; which was probably a catalyst for the out right hate and loathing.  Same mind set directed toward those ancestors in the past. Dictators, tyrants and oppressors always honor their ancestors' ways like I honor my ancestors ways.   Remember my ancestors weren't  allowed to read and write...and here I come publishing and building websites, with book trailers, and an e-store at amazon.  That's to honor my ancestors with their stories and mine.  I hope you enjoyed Another reality


No comments:

Post a Comment